Types of Taxonomy
1. Alpha taxonomy or classical taxonomy: It is based on external morphology, origin and evolution of plants.
2. Beta taxonomy or Explorative taxonomy: Besides external morphology, it also includes internal characters' like embryological, cytological, anatomical characters etc.
3. Omega taxonomy or Encyclopaedic taxonomy: Omega taxonomy has widest scope. It is based on all the informations or data available about plants.
4. Cytotaxonomy: The use of cytological characters of plants in classification or in solving taxonomic problems is called cytotaxonomy. Cytological characters constitute an important aid to plant taxonomy, especially in determining affinities at the generic and infrageneric levels.
5. Chemotaxonomy: The uses of chemical characters of plants in classification or in solving taxonomic problems is called chemotaxonomy or chemical taxonomy. It is based on the chemical constitution of plants. The fragrance and taste vary from species to species.
The basic chemical compounds used in chemotaxonomy are alkaloids, carotenoids, tannins, polysaccharide, nucleic acids, fatty acids, amino acids, aromatic compounds etc.
6. Karyotaxonomy: Based on characters of nucleus and chromosomes. Pattern of chromosomal bands (dark bands and light bands) is most specific characters.
BRANCHES OF BOTANY
|1. Anatomy||Study of internal structure|
|2. Phycology or Aloglogy||Study of Algae|
|3. Agrostology||Study of grass|
|4. Anthology||Study of flowers|
|5. Aerobiology||Study of substances of plants, found in air.|
|6. Agronomy||Study of crops plants|
|7. Arboriculture||Study of culture of decorated plants,|
|8. Bio Chemistry||Study of organic substances, found in living organisms|
|9. Biophysics physical theories||Study of importance in metabolic reactions of different|
|10. Bacteriology||Study of bacteria|
|11. Bryology||Study of bryophytes|
|12. Biometrics||Study related to different biotic reactions & their results.|
|13. Bio technology||Study of isolation of protoplasm & their culture|
|14. Cytology||Study of structure & functions of cell|
|15. Cecidology||Study of diseased knots in plants|
|16. Dendrology||Study of tree|
|17. Dendrochronology||Study of age of trees|
Study of gametes formation fertilization & formation of embryo
|19. Ecology||Study of inter relations between living organism & there a atmosphere|
|20. Evolution||Study of different development process of living organism|
|21. Economic Botany||Study of plants of economic importance|
|22. Ethenobotany||Study of uses of plants by Tribals|
|23. Exobiology||Study of presence of possible organism on other planet|
|24. Euphenics||Study of control of heredity disease|
|25. Edaphology||Study of organism in soil|
|26. Floriculture||Study of culture of ornamental flowers|
|27. Foresty||Study of forests|
|28. Genetics||Study of heredity &. Variations|
|29. Gymnology||Study of Gymnosperm|
|30. Gerentology||Study of changes in cell with age|
|31. Genetic||Study of artificial genes & their Engineering transfers|
|32. Histology||Study of structure of tissues|
|33. Histochemistry||Study of different chemicals found in cells & tissues.|
|34. Horticulture||Study of culture of garden plant, fruits & vegetables|
|35. Lichenology||Study of lichens|
|36. Limnology||Study of fresh water plants|
|37. Karyology||Study of Nucleus|
|38. Morphology||Study of external characters of plants|
|39. Mycology||Study of fungi|
|40. Microbiology||Study of micro organisms|
|41. Mycoplasmology||Study of mycoplasma|
|42. Molecular Biology||Study of nucleic Acid (DNA & RNA)|
|43. Morphogenesis||Study of development|
|44. Nematology||Study of relation of plants & nematodes|
|45. Olericulture||Study of culture of vegetables|
|46. Oncology||Study of plant cancer|
|47. Physiology||Study of biotic activity of plants|
|48. Paleobotany||Study of fossil plants|
|49. Plant geography|
Study of distribution of plants according to different geographical zones.
|50. Pteriodology||Study of pteridophytes|
|51. Pedology||Study of soil|