AIIMS Exam 2017
Table of Content
The ALL India Institute of Medical Sciences commonly known as AIIMS, New Delhiconducts its own entrances to admit candidates in various courses like Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) course.The institute grants its own medical degrees, diplomas and other academic awards. AIIMS are a total of seven institutes namely:
- AIIMS Delhi
- AIIMS Bhopal
- AIIMS Patna
- AIIMS Jodhpur
- AIIMS Rishikesh
- AIIMS Raipur
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar
AIIMS shall be conducted at various centers across the country on 28th May, 2017.
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old on 31st December 2017 in order to be eligible for the exam.
- Those who have passed their 12th standard under the 10+2 scheme or a corresponding exam with PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) with at least 60% marks from a reputed and recognized board or institution stand eligible for the exam. SC/ST candidates with 50% in aggregate in English, Chemistry, Physics and Biology are eligible to take the exam.
- Those appearing in 12th are also eligible to take the exam.
- For Overseas Citizens:
Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) who are registered under Section 7a of Citizenship Act 1955 are also eligible to take the AIIMS entrance. The requirements for such candidates shall be the same as Indian nationals. They shall be required to submit a proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7a of Citizenship Act 1955 in order to be eligible for the exam.
- For Foreign Nationals:
In case of AIIMS New Delhi, the foreign students elected by the Government of India must have a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in Intermediate Science or a corresponding exam in order to gain admission to the M.B.B.S course. Such applicants are not required to look at the entrance exam.
- Date of Examination: 28th May, 2017 in two shift. Shift 1 – 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM & Shift two conducted on 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM
- Declaration of AIIMS MBBS Result: 14th June, 2017 (Tentative)
- First Counselling: Start from 3rd July to 6th July, 2017
- Second Counselling: 3rd August, 2017
- Third Counselling: 4th September, 2017
- Open Counselling: 27th September, 2017
- Aspirants should visit the official website of AIIMS and follow the online application link.
- Fill in the required credentials in AIIMS online form.
- Students should then upload their photograph and signature meeting the requirements.
- The fee is to be paid through SBI Bank challan.
- Once the application form is submitted students must keep a copy of the printout with them for future reference.
- Application fee: The application fee varies according to the categories of candidates:
- The application fee for General and OBC candidates is Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ST candidates the fee is Rs. 800/- .
The syllabus of AIIMS is quite vast. The topics which form a part of the syllabus of AIIMS exam are listed below:
|Anatomy||Dermatology & Venereology||Microbiology||Obstetrics & Gynaecology||Pharmacology|
|Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||Physiology||Internship||Otorhinolaryngology|
AIIMS entrance exam 2017 will be 3 and a half hours long exam. The AIIMS question paper shall consist of 200 multiple choice questions including some reasoning assertion type questions too under sections of Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Knowledge. The section-wise division of questions is listed below:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||60|
The counseling date of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) MBBS Entrance Exam 2017 has been declared. Those candidates called for the Counselling need to report in person at the venue site at the allocated time along with all the documents/certificates in original. Candidates need to be present in person and no request for authorized representative on behalf of the candidate will be entertained. Moreover, if the candidates fail to attend the counseling in person, he/she will be marked absent and his/her candidature will stand cancelled.
- AIIMS MBBS 2017 Counselling Schedule dates
|AIIMS MBBS Counselling||AIIMS UG Counselling Date||AIIMS UG Counselling Venue|
|1st Counselling||3rd July to 6th July, 2017||Delhi|
|2nd Counselling||3rd August, 2017||Delhi|
|3rd Counselling||4th September, 2017||Delhi|
|Open Selection||27th September, 2017||Delhi|
- Detailed Seat Allocation in Various AIIMS
|Name of the Institution||Total Seat||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|AIIMS, New Delhi||72||37||19||11||5|
|AIIMS , Raipur||100||100||27||15||8|
Note: 3% OPH reservation as per the rules will be provided in each institute. Below is the updated counselling process which will be adopted by the 7 AIIMS Institutes.
- Firstly, the seat will be filled by open (UR) competition. The candidate will be called for a counselling based on the merit along irrespective of whether they belong to UR, SC, ST or OBC
- Next, the reserved quota candidates (UR, SC, ST and OBC) will be counseled to fill up the seat assign for them in their respective categories. During this process, if any candidate belonging to UR, SC, ST or OBC, who have taken admission under open competition opts for other institute of his/her choice under eligible reservation, then the seat vacated by the candidate in open (UR) competition shall be filled with the candidate from same reservation category only and in order of merit.
Points to be noted:
- While each correct answer fetches a score of +1, wrong answers will be given a score of -1/3.
- Students should avoid making wild guesses since wrong answers fetch negative marks.
- Candidates are advised to be careful while marking their answers.
- More than one answer to a question shall be treated as incorrect and hence will be given a negative score of -1/3.
- Questions with no response won’t be given any credit.
There is no doubt that if there is a medical college which has been reputed for being of the best; it has to be AIIMS. The entrance is tough to crack and therefore, a flawless pattern of study is a must. AIIMS coaching by AskIITians is one of the best ways in gaining weightage over other students and showing excellent result in the entrance. It is true that AIIMS entrance exam coaching is the foundation to building strong subject knowledge. In a few years we have been tagged as the best AIIMS exam coaching institute. Why should you choose us over any other coaching platform? This is a question that we would like to answer effortlessly as results speak and efforts get less.
- Best guidance and mentoring from the best faculty across the Globe. They are subject matter experts willing to change the way you look at a particular subject
- 24*7 access to the online test papers and interact with the specialists for any doubts related to the exam and subjects
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology will sound as simple as a cake walk
- Live coaching for the best of interaction with the faculty and students from other parts of the world too
- Solve test papers before the entrance for gaining more confidence in each of the subjects
- See the change in your knowledge; from where you had been to where you will be after a few months of coaching with us
We have toppers every year and the number of students clearing the entrance has been on the rise since the inception. It is your call to either be the best or just dream of it.