Organic Chemistry by Solomons is perfect for exam preparation – Highly Recommended!
Organic Chemistry by Solomons is one of the most important books from NEET preparation point of view as well as preparation of other medical entrance examinations. Each and every topic has been approached in such a simple and easy-to-understand manner that it tops all other Organic Chemistry books when it comes to exam preparation.
Topics covered in the book are:
- The Basics: Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Families of Carbon Compounds: Functional Groups, Intermolecular Forces, and Infrared (IR) Spectroscopy
- An Introduction to Organic Reactions and Their Mechanisms: Acids and Bases
- Nomenclature and Conformations of Alkanes and Cycloalkanes
- Stereochemistry: Chiral Molecules
- Ionic Reactions: Nucleophilic Substitution and Elimination Reactions of Alkyl Halides
- Alkenes and Alkynes I: Properties and Synthesis. Elimination Reactions of Alkyl Halides
- Alkenes and Alkynes Ii: Addition Reactions
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and Mass Spectrometry: Tools for Structure Determination
- Radical Reactions
- Alcohols and Ethers
- Alcohols from Carbonyl Compounds: Oxidation--Reduction and Organometallic Compounds
Answers to Selected Problems.
At the end of the Solomons Organic Chemistry for NEET, you will also find a glossary and index for students.
Almost all the topics in the book are covered quite well but the Solomons Chemistry book excels in the way it explains Stereochemistry. The Organic Chemistry by Solomon emphasizes on the relationship between Structure and Reactivity too. The book has a full-colour text design to engage students.
This is the reason Solomon Organic Chemistry pdf is so easily available online. If you have aleady bought another book for references, you should still download the Solomon Organic Chemistry pdf because it explains Reaction Mechanism is a very easy to understand manner. It guides students about what is Organic Chemistry and how it works.