Numerical Chemistry by R C Mukherjee covers entire JEE syllabus!
RC Mukherjee Chemistry is a one of the best Physical Chemistry books for NEET exam preparation, when it comes to numerical problems. Called ‘Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations’, this book excellently covers all types of numericals related to Physical Chemistry. It has good number of questions and all the topics related to NEET syllabus are well covered.
Topics covered in the book are:
1. Elementary Problems Based on the Definition of Mole: The Mole Concept
2. Problems Based on Equations: Stoichiometry
3. Eudiometry or Gas Analysis
4. Atomic Weight
5. Molecular Weight
6. Chemical Equivalence
7. Volumetric Calculations
8. Electrolysis and Electrolytic Conductance
9. Estimation of Elements in Organic Compounds
10. Empirical, Molecular and Structural Formulae
11. Atomic Structure and Radioactivity
12. Properties of Gases
13. Dilute Solution and Colligative Properties
14. Chemical Thermodynamics
15. Chemical Equilibrium
16. Ionic Equilibrium in Aqueous Solutions
17. Chemical Kinetics
18. Electromotive Force
19. Oxidation Number and Balancing of Redox Reactions
20. Solid and Liquid States
In the end, you can also find problems for revision, objective questions, log tables and atomic weight of elements.
The numericals are well-explained too. To help students solve chemical problems quickly and easily, RC Mukherjee Chemistry book introduces the concept of mole. Besides, mathematical reasoning is done with the help of clearly defined rules and equations that are easier to understand and remember. The problems covered are from all branches of Chemistry at the level of 10+2.
However, one must stick to this book only for solving the numerical problems related to physical chemistry. Only a little bit of theory is covered at the starting of chapters. Students will need more books to delve deeper into theory.
Yet, RC Mukherjee Chemistry book is one of the highly recommended Physical Chemistry books by eMedicalPrep as it grills you well in numericals.
Other Physical Chemistry books you may want to buy: