Feynman Physics is best for Thermal and Quantum Physics
Feynman Physics is a good book for Quantum Physics and Thermal Physics. It has simple and interesting examples which helps students to clearly understand concepts, making it a preferred Quantum Mechanics textbook for college students.
The book is essentially a collection of the lectures of Richard Feynman who had won a Nobel Prize in Physics for his work on Quantum Electrodynamics and taught as a Professor in Caltech from 1959 to 1988. Hence, it is a collectible for anyone who is interested in understanding the basics of Quantum Mechanics.
Topics covered in the book are:
- Quantum Behavior
- The Relation of waves and Particles Viewpoints
- Probability Amplitudes
- Identical Particles
- Spin One
- Spin One-Half
- The Dependence of Amplitudes on Time
- The Hamiltonian Matrix
- The Ammonia Maser
- Other Two-State Systems
- More Two-State Systems
- The Hyperfine Splitting in Hydrogen
- Propagation in a Crystal Lattice
- The Independent Particle Approximation
- The Dependence of Amplitudes on Position
- Symmetry and Conservation Laws
- Angular Momentum
- The Hydrogen Atom and The Periodic Table
- The Schrodinger Equation in a Classical Context: A Seminar on Superconductivity
Besides Quantum Mechanics and Thermal Physics, Fundamentals of Physics covers Superconductors well too but they may need to refer to other books for Magnetism and Thermodynamics. For NEET aspirants, it is sufficient to devote 2 hours a day to this book. In fact, there are a lot of other topics students will need to prepare for NEET and other medical entrance exams, hence they should use this book only for reference on the topics it specializes in.
The e-book is available in Feynman Physics pdf format. One can also buy the study book in audio format.
Other Physics books you may want to buy are: